HOW DOES YOGA BECOMES A LIFESTYLE?
Yoga is more than just a simple workout or hobby. It’s also a lifestyle and source of spirituality But how does one turn yoga into a lifestyle? To achieve it, you need to cultivate the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of yoga. We’ve created the following guide to help you.
- Begin to Begin
It goes without saying that to make it a lifestyle, first, you need to start doing yoga!
- Begin: A beginner’s class is a great way to ease yourself into the practice. Try to find a space towards the back of the class. This way, you can learn from your fellow classmates.
- Pose: As you move into the poses, take some time to appreciate them and learn about what they do for you.
- Breathe: This is an essential aspect of yoga. Make sure that each breath is calming and relaxing.
- Relax: Focus on quieting the mind and being present in the moment. Allowing stress into your practice defeats the whole purpose of doing yoga.
After some time in the studio, you will begin to see the benefits of yoga. You will find yourself more flexible, better toned, relaxed, and with more energy.
- Deepen Your Commitment
Once you have a couple of weeks of classes under your belt, it’s time to bring the practice home!
- Place: Find a space at home where you can move around freely.
- Invest: Get a good mat and clothing. The right clothes will give you a wider range of motion. For example, a yoga tank top provides support and yoga pants can wick away sweat.
- Time: Yoga is about self-discovery and growth. Find some time to practice, anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour.
- Consistency: Dedicate a specific time and area in your home.
- Hydrate: Your body needs fluids to stay hydrated, especially after practice.
- Diet: Avoid yoga on a full stomach. After meals, let at least one hour pass.
- Poses: Discover your favorite poses to explore the connection between mind, body, and spirit.
Once you bring yoga from the classroom and into your home, you start to take it from being a simple practice to creating a lifestyle.
- Cultivate Mind and Body
Yoga has a deep mental and spiritual aspect. It’s a discipline that brings back exponential returns for life!
- Control: Learn to let go. Stress comes from worrying about things we have little control of.
- Calm: Through calming the mind, yoga allows us to find harmony with the world that surrounds us.
- Meditate: Direct the mind inward and focus on your breathing.
- Elevate: During practice and meditation, allow the mind to wander, but always bring it back.
As you commit further to yoga and cultivate body and mind, you will begin to find your mind opening to another state. This will reduce stress, lessen pain, and even help you manage anxiety.
During yoga practice you need to be comfortable as you are going to be moving into multiple positions. You need to choose unique yoga clothes that will not restrict your movement. Don’t forget to pay attention to simple details like yoga mats and make your practice more comfortable.
The Yogi Lifestyle
The practice of yoga has many different benefits. From weight loss, improved flexibility, and increased strength to liberating the mind and elevating the spirit. By making it a lifestyle, you will make your life more joyful, meaningful, and carefree!
Emily Adams is a marketing specialist at YogiWear having a main focus on development and implementation of marketing ideas. Her primary talking points are yoga life, benefits of yoga, yogi lifestyle and yoga wear.